A list of resources that I think might be helpful if you’re just starting to learn how to make pixel art or if you’d like to have a quick guide on how to improve.
- Beginner’s guide by Pedro Medeiros (Really helpful for absolute beginners.)
- Tutorials by Pedro Medeiros (Great for beginners as well as professionals.)
- Pixel art tutorials on Lospec (A collection of tutorials of all sorts.)
- Beginner’s guide on Lospec (Also great for absolute beginners.)
- List of palettes on Lospec
- PixelProspector (Great for finding resources of all sorts. This is an archived version of the site. PixelProspector is currently being redesigned for a relaunch on 31 July, 2019.)
- Tutorials by MortMort on YouTube
You can also check out Retronator‘s blog for pixel art and gaming news.
These are some of my favourite resources and I hope they will be helpful for you as well.
Have fun creating!